Cambridge, MA 02138
Weld Boathouse, the home of Radcliffe crew, forms a deep part of team tradition. Donated and built by the George Walker Weld family in 1906, the boathouse is an architectural highlight at Harvard and part of the rowing legacy of the Charles River.
With 29 miles of rowable river and a six-lane 2000-meter race course, the Charles is an outstanding body of water for rowing, and is home to many of the nation's finest collegiate rowing programs.
Situated at the halfway point of the Head of the Charles course, the Weld Boathouse and the river are just a short walk from campus and serve as an integral part of the College's athletic landscape.
The Radcliffe Program operates out of Weld Boathouse, a stately 100-year old structure on the banks of the Charles River at the intersection of JFK St. and Memorial Drive. Once used as Harvard's Freshman Boathouse, Weld now serves not only the women's team, but also hosts Harvard's recreational sculling and intramural house crew programs.