Guest & Child Policies
Policy Effective August 23, 2012:
- All current members are allowed 1 guest per visit for a charge
of $15 per visit at the Malkin Athletic Center and
- Guests should be able to provide a photo ID to verify the
information written on the Guest Form - the staff will not
copy or hold the ID for any reason, but note on the form that
proper ID was presented.
- Members must know and accompany their guest at all times in the
facility. The member is responsible for their guest during the
duration of their visit.
- During the academic year ONLY, current Harvard Law School
students and Harvard Undergrads are allowed 1 free guest per visit
at Hemenway Gymnasium.
- During the academic year ONLY, current Harvard Undergrads are
allowed 1 free guest per visit at the Malkin Athletic Center and
- Guest fee includes the use of a bath towel and admittance into
one group exercise class.
- Alumni can use the facilities for a charge of $15 per
day. Alumni do not need to be accompanied by a member, but
they must show proof of alumni status, which should be a print-out
of their directory listing and a photo ID. Directory listings can
be obtained at www.alumni.harvard.edu.
- Any individual under the age of 14 is considered a child.
- Children under 14 are restricted to the locker room, gymnasium
floor (basketball court), squash courts and pool. They must be
supervised by an adult at all times.
- Children under 14 are not permitted in any of the weight rooms,
cardio rooms, fitness studios and may not participate in any
classes or club activities unless designated for children.
- Members may not bring children under 14 into restricted
- Childcare facililites are not available at the Malkin Athletic
Center or Hemenway Gymnasium. Members are responsible for making
any necessary childcare arrangements outside the premises for the
duration of their activities at the facilities.