Recreational Sculling / Rowing
Recreational Rowing Memberships
Dates of Operation
Hours of Operation
– May 24
– August 9
3 – November 1
||April 2 -
To purchase a recreational rowing
membership, please visit the Murr Center Fitness Room (65 N.
Harvard St. Boston), Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.
To make an appointment for a lesson, please contact Dan Boyne
Novice Lesson - $20
Private Lesson - $50/hour
- Any affiliate wishing to join the sailing program must first
successfully complete the Harvard Swim Test at the Blodgett Pool or
Malkin Athletic Center Pool.
- The Harvard Swim Test consists of 100 yards of any stroke
except the backstrokes and must show good forward progress (i.e.,
swimmers are not allowed to stop, hang on the lane lines or touch
the bottom) in order to pass.
- You must be a current Harvard ID holder or an affiliate with a
Harvard Athletic membership card in order to gain access to the
Blodgett or MAC Pools to take the Swim Test.
- Swim Tests will be given during regular hours of operation at the
Blodgett and MAC Pools until 15 minutes prior to closing time. (You
must show the lifeguard your Harvard ID, prior to taking the
- Lost Swim Test cards will not be replaced.
- SIGN YOUR SWIM TEST CARD!