Group Exercise Offerings
A variety of Group Fitness classes are offered at both the Malkin Athletic Center and Hemenway Gymnasium. Group Fitness offerings include Zumba, Schwinn Indoor Cycling, IndoRow, ShockWave Total Body Circuits, Pilates, Water Fitness, Women & Weights, Cardio Kickboxing, Yoga, and many more. Classes are offered during the fall, spring and summer semesters. Reduced schedules are offered in January and May/June. Classes are not progressive, so beginners can drop in at any time during the semester, but be mindful of class levels as listed in the descriptions. You do not need to sign up for specific classes, but can try out several classes or attend various classes as your schedule and mood changes.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Before participating, you must activate Group Exercise Class Access by visiting the membership tab. Class access is free for all students, with membership!
FALL 2015 SCHEDULE
|HEMENWAY GYMNASIUM||HEMENWAY FALL|
|MALKIN ATHLETIC CENTER||MAC FALL|
Group Fitness Class Descriptions This is a 2-page document. Be sure to scroll to page 2 for all descriptions.
- Classes are operated on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Present valid ID card to the front desk to acquire a class pass.
- Passes will be distributed no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the start of class, for all classes EXCEPT for the 11:30am and 12:15pm land-based classes. For these classes, passes will be distributed no earlier than 15 minutes prior. 12:15pm Water classes may get passes 30 minutes prior.
- Once all the passes are distributed, the class is closed. The instructor will collect the passes during class.
- Passes cannot be reserved, and you may not pick up passes for others. If you decide not to attend class, please return the pass to the front desk.
- No participants will be permitted to enter class after 10 minutes* due to safety concerns and to avoid disruptions. *Participants may not arrive more than 5 minutes late for any 30 minute (or shorter) class, or for Indoor Cycling, ShockWave & Indo Row. All participants should notify the instructor if leaving early.
- Athletic shoes are required for all classes with the exception of Balletone, Yoga and Pilates.
- It is highly recommended that you bring water to class.
- It is strongly suggested that you wear layers for Yoga/Pilates and that you bring your own mat.
- Please note: Class attendance numbers will be monitored and classes with consistently low attendance may be eliminated.
Indoor Cycling Guidelines
- No participants will be allowed into class after 5 minutes. Please plan accordingly. Instructors are not permitted to make exceptions.
- New indoor cycling participants must arrive to class at least 10 minutes early to obtain instructor assistance with proper bike set-up.
- All indoor cycling participants must bring a water bottle to class.
Private Group Exercise Classes
Organize a private Group Exercise class for your co-workers, friends or sports team. Class formats include Yoga, Indoor Cycling, Zumba, Step, Pilates, TBC & more! Simply complete the private Group Exercise request form.