During each semester we also offer progressive Specialty Instructional courses, with each week's instruction building on the prior classes. These classes include Complete Barre, Extreme Outdoor Bootcamp, Harvard Slim Down, Scuba Diving, Swim Classes, TRX Suspension Training, Tabata Bootcamp & more.
FALL 2015 Specialty Instructional Courses Malkin Athletic Center & Hemenway Gymnasium
October 5th-December 6th
Registration is September 15th-30th.
There is a $10.00 late fee for registrations received on and after 10/1..
Complete Barre: COURSE FULL
Complete Barre integrates elements of STOTT Pilates, ballet & strength training. It emphasizes on the correct biomechanics of movement combined with the power of music to increase strength, flexibility stamina & dynamic stability. No dance experience or tutus are required! Participants may wear socks with grips that are suitable for Barre classes or go barefoot.
Small Group SMR introduces the basics of Self Myofascial Release techniques. Targeting upper body tension, lower body tension, and trigger point therapy. This 6 week course will minimize strain on your body, improve your posture, and increase your range of motion by breaking up adhesions allowing your body to move freely without pain. Self Myofascial Release (Foam Rolling)
Wednesdays, October 14 to November 18th (6 weeks)
LOCATION: MAC Fitness Room 2
INSTRUCTOR: John Bondlow
Self Myofascial Release Registration Information
Register for this course online between Monday, September 21 and Wednesday October 7.
Late registration will be accepted (as of 10/8) if space is available, however there will be a $10 late registration penalty for all registration on and after 10/7/15.
Early registration is encouraged as space is limited.
Course fees cannot be prorated.
A minimum of 6 participants is required to offer this course.
Register early to avoid class cancellation due to low enrollment.
Maximum 10 participants.
For questions, please contact Kim Postler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ballet & Barre Registration Information
- Register for courses online between Tuesday September 15th and Wednesday September 30th. Non-member registration begins on 9/21 if space is available.
- Late registration will be accepted (as of 10/1) if space is available, however there will be a $10 late registration penalty for all registration on and after 10/1/15.
- Early registration is encouraged as space is limited. Course fees cannot be prorated.
- Refunds are granted at the discretion of the MAC and Hemenway Management and only prior to the registration deadline (9/30)
- A minimum of 4 participants are required to offer each course. Register early to avoid class cancellation due to low enrollment.
- For questions, please contact Kim Postler at Kimberly.email@example.com
- Please wear appropriate workout attire and closed toe athletic shoes to all fitness courses.
- Bring a bottle of water to class.
- Arrive promptly at the designated start date of class, if you are more than 10 minutes late you will NOT be permitted to participate.
- Please take note of the meeting dates & times of each class.